The Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce held their 2016 Annual General Meeting on December 7th, with Mayor Maja Tait presiding over the swearing-in ceremony of the new
2017 Board of Directors.
From left: Dan Houle (Director), Shandra Collins (Director), Alayne MacIsaac (Director), Steve Grundy (1st Vice-President), Beth Cougler Blom (Director), Kerry Cavers (President), Michael Russo (Director), Linda Ferguson (Director), Les Haddad (Director), Lorna Danylchuk (Director); Absent: Alison Forster (Director), Gillian Dixon (Director)
2017 Chamber Board of Directors
Join our Team...Make a Difference in our Community!
In accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce, nominations for members to serve on the 2017 Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors is now closed. This two-year term commences after being sworn in at our 2016 Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at the Prestige Oceanfront Resort in the Harbour View Room.
We are very pleased to announce and welcome our 2017 Board of Directors!
- Dan Houle, Prestige Oceanfront Resort
- Les Haddad, Sooke Delivery Guy
- Linda Ferguson, Linda Ferguson SKIN
- Nick Callanan, Director
We are also thrilled to accept the return of the following Chamber Executive and Directors who will be continuing their term into 2017:
- Lorna Danylchuk, Your Perfect Gift (President)
- Alison Forster, S.A.S.S. (1st Vice-President)
- Gillian Dixon, Point No Point Resort, (Treasurer)
- Britt Santowski, Sooke Pocket News, (Secretary)
A Director of the Chamber is committed to major responsibilities in our community and must be prepared to accept the following responsibilities:
- Be free of serious commitments to other organizations, and be prepared to commit approximately 8 to 10 hours per month to Chamber work. This includes attendance at Board meetings and Business Mixers, as well as other Chamber sponsored events and Committee meetings. Some meetings or events may take place during business hours.
- Be aware of a modest financial commitment, including expenses for attendance at occasional Chamber events.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to lead other people in the challenging work projects that he or she accepts. Benefits of serving as a Director include holding a leadership role in the community and the exciting opportunity to continue to attract and encourage more sustainable businesses, as well as offering new ideas that will positively affect our community and our businesses.
We encourage members to consider joining the Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors in the future and be directly involved in helping make Sooke a more vibrant community!
Applications for new Board of Director members for 2017 were accepted until November 23rd, 2016. Interested candidates are encouraged to contact the Chamber office for more information about the responsibilities of a Board member with the Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce.
In the event there are vacant Executive or Board positions available throughout the year, according to our Chamber Bylaws, the President can appoint additional Directors without following the nominating or voting processes.